In order for OSSTF/FEESO to file an application with the Ontario Labour Relations Board (OLRB) to become your bargaining agent, we have to file with the OLRB proof that a significant number of support staff want to vote on joining OSSTF/FEESO.
We urge you to fill out the card included in this package. By returning it to us, you will indicate your desire to join OSSTF/FEESO and to hold a certification vote to authorize OSSTF/FEESO to become your bargaining agent.
Please follow the process indicated below to ensure you get an opportunity to vote.
Who should sign a card?
All professional support staff employed in either full-time or contract positions. Even if you have been excluded in past organizing campaigns you should still sign a card as the employer will have to prove once again to the OLRB that you should be excluded.
I am retiring in the next few years, this won’t impact me so should I sign a card?
Yes definitely! In order that your younger colleagues can benefit from being members of OSSTF/FEESO a minimum of 40% of current employees must sign cards. Signing a card will simply allow the vote to take place. If you don’t want to vote to influence the results you still should fill out a card to guarantee your co-workers get an opportunity to vote.
- Fill out the left hand side of the card carefully including all information requested. Please print the information clearly with a pen.
- On the right hand side of the card, indicate the date you signed it and place your signature on the appropriate line.
- The witness can be anyone over the age of 18 including a co-worker or family member.
- Place the card in the prepaid envelope and drop in the mail.
- The cards are returned directly to OSSTF/FEESO and remain confidential.
- The employer never sees these cards and has no access to them at any time during the process.
- Once a minimum of 40% of the your co-workers have returned their cards OSSTF/FEESO makes a formal application to the OLRB and forwards the signed cards to the OLRB with the application.