The OSSTF/FEESO Communication Award recognizes and celebrates effective efforts in communication made by districts, bargaining units or individuals during the past calendar year.
This award considers all forms of communication used by a district or bargaining unit, including but not limited to:
- Newsletters (print and/or digital)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Website (news articles, images, interactivity)
- Other creative initiatives (banners, ad campaigns, rally signs)
Submissions will be considered using a variety of criteria, including:
- Content (professionalism, accuracy, currency, relevancy)
- Creativity (style, mode, media)
- Quantity (variety, pacing)
- Special considerations (unit size, geography, other challenges)
Nominations may be submitted on behalf of an individual, bargaining unit, or district. All submissions must be made by January 31 and will need to include an overall summary of the considerations above, and examples of communications work, which may include web address to the district / bargaining unit website, photos or electronic copies of publications, social media account information, and photos of other communications activities.