This fellowship is named in honour of I.M. (Brick) Robb, teacher and Head of Guidance at Northern Vocational School, Toronto, until appointed Field and Deputy General Secretary of OSSTF/FEESO in 1950. He served as General Secretary from 1964 to 1968.
The application and all attachments must be received at OSSTF/FEESO Provincial Office no later than April 1.
- This fellowship is designed to assist OSSTF/FEESO Members in good standing with Doctoral studies at a university of their choice.
- Value is $3,500.
- If no acceptable applications are received in any year, no award will be made.
- Applications are acceptable from current OSSTF/FEESO Members in good standing who:
- are currently involved in studies or will undertake studies during the school year following receipt of the award;
- have a proposed plan of study which is acceptable to the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee; and
- have not previously been a recipient of this fellowship.
- The study is to be at a publicly-funded university of the candidate's choice.
- Each candidate shall submit a completed application form provided by the Federation, which shall include:
- academic and professional information;
- official transcripts as evidence of preparation in the field;
- proof of status in the doctoral program;
- details of the proposed study including time, place and duration;
- a statement of anticipated expenses;
- two or more letters of reference, at least one should be from a member of the faculty of the institution at which the study is to be undertaken. Each letter should outline the candidate’s suitability for this award.
- Recipients of the award shall provide a copy of the doctoral thesis to OSSTF/FEESO. It is understood that OSSTF/FEESO may use all or part of the thesis resulting from this study without further payment of royalty or otherwise to the author or publisher.
- Interpretation and administration of the terms of this award are at the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee subject to the approval of the Provincial Executive.
- At the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee, final selection may be made by a panel of three Canadian scholars.
- Completed applications should be electronically submitted with all attachments.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that any attachments that cannot be submitted electronically are sent to:
Attn: Karen Metherall
60 Mobile Drive