J.W. Ansley, for many years Principal of York Memorial Collegiate Institute, was an outstanding teacher and a member of this Federation. The Ansley Memorial Lecture Series was established in 1954 in the teacher's memory, and is now replaced by the J. W. Ansley Grant for Educational Research.
The application and all attachments must be received at OSSTF/FEESO Provincial Office no later than April 1.
- The purpose of the J.W. Ansley Grant for Educational Research is to support research projects of a practical nature which are currently topical and the results of which will primarily benefit the classroom practitioner and/or educational programs or curriculum.
- The grant may be any sum up to $3,500.
- More than one grant may be made in any year, having regard to the funds available and the sum(s) requested by the applicant(s).
- Applications are acceptable from current OSSTF/FEESO members in good standing who:
- are currently involved in research projects or will undertake a research project during the school year following the receipt of the award;
- have a proposed plan of the research project which is acceptable to the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee and
- have not previously been a recipient of this grant.
- Other notes:
- Studies toward a Master's or Doctoral degree or for upgrading purposes will not usually qualify for this grant.
- A research project which is carried on for more than one year may be considered eligible for a subsequent grant.
- Each candidate shall submit a completed application form provided by the Federation, which shall include:
- an outline of academic and professional qualifications;
- details of the proposed research project;
- a statement of anticipated expenses;
- inclusive dates of and location for the proposed research project;
- two letters of recommendation that identify the candidate’s suitability for this award.
- It is a condition of the grant that grant recipients will provide a written report of the results of the research project to OSSTF/FEESO. OSSTF/FEESO may use all or part of the completed research project without further payment to the author or the author’s publisher.
- Interpretation and administration of the terms of these grants are at the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee subject to the approval of the Provincial Executive.
- Completed applications should be electronically submitted with all attachments.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that any attachments that cannot be submitted electronically are sent to:
Attn: Karen Metherall
60 Mobile Drive