The following are the award criteria and nomination guidelines for the Norm Snyder Award.
To be eligible for the award, a nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing in accordance with the provisions of Bylaw 2, Section (1).
- Be currently serving on either:
(a) a District/Bargaining Unit/Branch Committee, or
(b) a District/Bargaining Unit/Branch Executive;
- Be nominated by a resolution of the District/Bargaining Unit Executive;
- The nominee shall have primarily served the members of OSSTF/FEESO as a volunteer.
- The selection committee will place a stronger emphasis on local versus provincial contributions.
- The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution during the previous and/or current school year.
- Nominations shall be made only on the official nomination form, with a copy of the Executive Resolution attached.
- Nominations shall be forwarded to the Provincial Office to arrive no later than January 31st.
- Nominations should be addressed to the attention of: Pierre Côté, General Secretary.
The Selection Committee will consist of:
- The two Vice-Presidents of OSSTF/FEESO;
- Two members of the Provincial Executive to be appointed by the President;
- The General Secretary, who shall chair the committee and shall vote only in the event of a tie.
OSSTF/FEESO will publicize the contributions of the winner of the award, and of others whom the Committee considers worthy of honourable mention in its publications.