Follow this procedure if you are not a member of OSSTF/FEESO but you wish an evaluation of your academic background. The OSSTF/FEESO Certification Department will issue a Letter of Appraisal which will identify the Certification Group to which you would be assigned if you become a member. There is a $125.00 fee for this Letter which must be remitted with your application form.
1. Print/obtain a copy of the current Certification Form 4.
2. Page 1
- Complete “PERSONAL INFORMATION” section.
3. Page 2
- Include a copy of your Certificate of Qualifications from the Ontario College of Teachers, if applicable
- Identify post-secondary degrees held
- Identify any Additional Qualifications courses completed
- Transcripts are required for all academic courses/degrees listed
- Technological Teachers must complete the relevant section and provide transcripts and trade papers as described on the form
- Sign and date the form!
4. Submit your form along with all relevant documentation to the OSSTF/FEESO Certification Services Department at the address at the top of Form 4.
Include a cheque for $125.00 made payable to the “Treasurer – OSSTF/FEESO”.
Your application cannot be processed until all of the required documents have been received by the Certification Department.
5. After a minimum of 8–10 weeks you will receive a Letter of Appraisal which will indicate the Group to which you would be assigned under the OSSTF/FEESO Certification Plan for salary purposes.
Please contact the Certification Department if you have any questions or concerns.