This award was established to honour the memory and contributions of Kelly Ann McKenzie. McKenzie, a PSSP member of OSSTF/FEESO, served as an outstanding member of the Educational Services Committee until her tragic death in 1995.
Terms of Reference
This award is given annually to a current member of OSSTF/FEESO who has made substantive contributions to the professional growth and development of education worker members over an extended period of time.
The Educational Services Committee will consider the following criteria when making its decisions on the recipients of this award.
• Commitment to Professional Development at the Bargaining Unit/District and Provincial Levels.
• Involvement in the development and presentation of professional development for a broad range of members.
• Demonstrated commitment to the educational team
• Candidate’s length of service.
• The nomination may be made by any member of OSSTF/FEESO but must be endorsed by a district or bargaining unit executive.
• Submit the completed application to Karen Metherall, Co-ordinating Secretary, Educational Services Department at Provincial OSSTF/FEESO no later than January 31.
• Who selects the recipient? The Full Educational Services Committee.
• Any active member of OSSTF/FEESO except current members of the Provincial Educational Services Committee may be nominated.
• The award will be presented at either the Biennial Educational Services Professional Development Conference or the Educational Services Officers Conference.
• A large plaque engraved with names of annual recipients is kept in the Educational Services Department.
• A smaller plaque or decorative recognition is presented to the award recipient.