The Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF/FEESO) annually commits funds for an International Assistance Program to support projects that reflect our commitment to protecting and enhancing public education, social justice and equality in various parts of the world.
Funding is limited to a maximum of $3,000 per project. This program does not support multi-year funding.
The International Assistance Advisory Work Group meets six times per year between September and June to review applications.
Any international program or project receiving assistance from OSSTF/FEESO must include one or more of the following criteria:
- assists with the organization and operation of free and democratic unions within the education sector (including membership development);
- promotes and protects the rights of educational union members and their leaders;
- promotes equality of opportunity for women;
- defends and supports oppressed and equity seeking groups;
- supports and promotes public education projects and institutions;
- promotes grassroots community-based literacy and numeracy training (including adult education);
- self-sufficiency of project.
Note: We cannot provide funds for salaries, honoraria, travel, or school trips