The OSSTF/FEESO Faculty of Education Award, valued at $1,000 annually, shall be awarded to one graduating Intermediate/Senior or Technological Education Teacher Candidate at each English-language publicly assisted Ontario faculty of education who applies for the award and who in the opinion of the OSSTF/FEESO Provincial Executive has shown a clear understanding and empathy for the values of unionism, is attempting to secure a job with a public secondary board, and best exemplifies the criteria below.
The Teacher Candidate to be selected for the OSSTF/FEESO Faculty of Education Award(listed in order of importance, #1 being most important):
(See Related Attachments for more detailed explanations of these criteria.)
- is an advocate for unionism and related values.
- has demonstrated political or social activism that promotes the professional nature of teaching.
- has shown leadership by supporting and advocating for fellow Teacher Candidates.
- has shown leadership in organization of events which benefit fellow Teacher Candidates.
- has demonstrated a high degree of professional competence.
- is attempting to secure a teaching position that would make her or him an OSSTF/FEESO member.