- The purpose of the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation Educational Enhancement Grant is to assist OSSTF/FEESO Members in good standing with their studies:
- leading to a first undergraduate degree / diploma / certificate at a publicly-funded university or community college of their choice or
- in gaining a secondary school diploma from a publicly-funded secondary school
- the award may be any sum up to $3,500
- more than one award may be made in any one year, having regard to funds available and the sum(s) requested by the applicant(s).
- Applications are acceptable from current OSSTF/FEESO Members:
- in good standing
- the study may be on a full-time or part-time basis at a university, a community college or other educational institution of the candidate’s choice
- studies towards additional degrees / diplomas do not qualify for this grant, and
- have not previously been a recipient of this grant.
- Each candidate shall submit a completed application form provided by the Federation which shall include:
- a letter of acceptance or of probable acceptance into the candidate’s proposed program from the chosen university, community college or other educational institution
- a statement of anticipated expenses
- two letters of recommendation (one from a person in education and one from a person in the community not directly involved in education.) Each letter should address the suitability of the candidate for this award.
- Grant recipients must provide a written report outlining the work covered during the period of study to OSSTF/FEESO upon completion of the study. A transcript of marks from the educational institution at which the program was taken shall be included with the report.
- Interpretation and administration of the terms of this grant are at the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee subject to the approval of the Provincial Executive.
- Completed applications, and all attachments, should be submitted electronically.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that any attachments that cannot be submitted electronically are sent to:
Karen Metherall, Administrative Coordinator
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
Educational Services Department
60 Mobile Drive
Toronto, ON M4A 2P3
The application and all attachments must be received at OSSTF/FEESO provincial office no later than April 1.