The Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation established this fund to assist financially the children of OSSTF/FEESO members (or deceased members) to obtain their first degree/diploma/certificate or apprenticeship. Ten $1,500 bursaries are available this year. Bursaries are awarded through a lottery process.
The following are the criteria for the Federation Family Education Fund:
- The applicant must be a dependent child or ward of a member, or deceased member, of OSSTF/FEESO in good standing.
- The applicant must have applied to enter a publicly-funded post-secondary college or university program or an apprenticeship program that includes an academic portion offered through a college.
- Interpretation and administration of the terms of this fund are at the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee subject to the approval of the Provincial Executive.
- All awards are made conditional upon the recipient being enrolled in the program and proof of tuition paid equal to or greater than the $1,500. It is the responsibility of all successful applicants to ensure that documentation confirming enrollment and paid tuition is received at:
Attn: Karen Metherall
60 Mobile Drive
- Only on-line applications will be accepted.
- Although one may apply multiple years, applicants may only receive funding in the amount of $1,500 once in a lifetime.
Applications must be received at OSSTF/FEESO Provincial Office no later than April 15.
Due to the overwhelming number of applicants, only award winners will receive notification in June. The list of winners will be posted by the end of June on the OSSTF/FEESO website as a related link under the Federation Family Education Fund web page and the list will also be published in the Fall issue of Update.